Tuesday, November 17, 2009
0
Manor GP confirm Timo Glock for 2010
Manor Grand Prix have confirmed that Timo Glock will lead their attack in their first season in Formula One.
Rumours of Glock's pending signing emerged two weeks ago after the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP, however, there were others claiming he would be off to Renault.
Manor GP, though, have now confirmed they've secured the German's signature for next season, although did not specify the length of the contract.
"I had several options for 2010, some of them with more established teams. Every driver has the same overall objective - to win the World Championship one day - but the way I want to succeed is to be part of the process of building a team and to play a key role in developing the car," said Glock.
"This is why the opportunity with Manor Grand Prix is so exciting for me. I have spent a lot of time with Nick Wirth, John Booth and other members of the team and what I liked most is that this a real racing team run by true racers.
"The team may be small and new but it has big ambitions and a very impressive car and development programme. I am confident that I can play a big role in terms of my technical input and that's a fantastic opportunity for me.
"I can't wait to start testing the new car early next year."
Manor GP technical director Nick Wirth has welcomed Glock's signing, confident the 27-year-old's experience will go a long way towards developing the team's first-ever F1 car.
"I'm absolutely delighted that Timo has chosen to drive for our team. It has always been my recommendation that we have at least one driver with experience of the 2009 cars to help our development programme, but to get a driver that has not only achieved podium finishes in 2009 but has such proven talent and the potential to take us forward for many years is very exciting," said Wirth.
"The fact that he has come and seen all aspects of the project before making his decision speaks volumes about what we have achieved so far.
"Progress on our new car continues to be very encouraging. The first fully-finished monocoque was completed a week ago, and we've been crash testing all areas of the car since May.
"I think we'll have the bulk of the official FIA tests done by Christmas, bang on our schedule. Now we just can't wait to get Timo into the new car once track testing begins next year."
Rumours of Glock's pending signing emerged two weeks ago after the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP, however, there were others claiming he would be off to Renault.
Manor GP, though, have now confirmed they've secured the German's signature for next season, although did not specify the length of the contract.
"I had several options for 2010, some of them with more established teams. Every driver has the same overall objective - to win the World Championship one day - but the way I want to succeed is to be part of the process of building a team and to play a key role in developing the car," said Glock.
"This is why the opportunity with Manor Grand Prix is so exciting for me. I have spent a lot of time with Nick Wirth, John Booth and other members of the team and what I liked most is that this a real racing team run by true racers.
"The team may be small and new but it has big ambitions and a very impressive car and development programme. I am confident that I can play a big role in terms of my technical input and that's a fantastic opportunity for me.
"I can't wait to start testing the new car early next year."
Manor GP technical director Nick Wirth has welcomed Glock's signing, confident the 27-year-old's experience will go a long way towards developing the team's first-ever F1 car.
"I'm absolutely delighted that Timo has chosen to drive for our team. It has always been my recommendation that we have at least one driver with experience of the 2009 cars to help our development programme, but to get a driver that has not only achieved podium finishes in 2009 but has such proven talent and the potential to take us forward for many years is very exciting," said Wirth.
"The fact that he has come and seen all aspects of the project before making his decision speaks volumes about what we have achieved so far.
"Progress on our new car continues to be very encouraging. The first fully-finished monocoque was completed a week ago, and we've been crash testing all areas of the car since May.
"I think we'll have the bulk of the official FIA tests done by Christmas, bang on our schedule. Now we just can't wait to get Timo into the new car once track testing begins next year."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 Responses to “Manor GP confirm Timo Glock for 2010”
Post a Comment